Part of APDU’s Public Data University series, this webinar serves as a baseline learning experience and systematic overview of demographic statistics at the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). This presentation will explore the following questions:
- What data are collected? Who are the primary users?
- What research questions are most frequently answered with the agency’s data set?
- How are the data collected? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- How frequently are the data updated? At what level geography are they collected?
- What is the delay between the reference period and publication?
- How are the data disseminated? How is the agency’s web delivery system structured?
- Who can the user contact if they want to know more about the data program?
Susan Aud, Senior Research Scientist, National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) Demographic Statistics 101 (Introduction to Data Sets)
Free, APDU & C2ER members and LMI Institute member states